How many

If you don't know where else to post a topic, or are a bulletin board anarchist who just doesn't give a damn about categorizing things, then post here!

How many

Postby JerryLitton » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:03 pm

I have an 1968 Islander 44. I understand only 10 were made. There is no hull number or any identifying numbers on the hull however one of the previous owners has a plaque onboard that says hull number 18. How can I find any more information on my boat. The boat was christened Temptation.
JerryLitton

Re: How many

Postby Bruce_N_Smith » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:40 am

My early-1970s Islander 21 doesn't have a Hull Identification/Serial Number (HIN) either. It doesn't seem like much corporate knowledge survives (in the form of records), but I've learned that there's often an old box somewhere full of information that isn't well described. I tried to get a conversation going here, but no takers yet https://networks.h-net.org/node/24846/d ... a-archives

JerryLitton wrote:I have an 1968 Islander 44. I understand only 10 were made. There is no hull number or any identifying numbers on the hull however one of the previous owners has a plaque onboard that says hull number 18. How can I find any more information on my boat. The boat was christened Temptation.
Bruce_N_Smith

Postby JerryLitton » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:55 am

Thanks for the reply. I figured that there was a shoebox somewhere.
JerryLitton

Postby newhaul » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:31 am

Jerry there were ten completed at the factory and some more partial builds sold as owner completes. So are not counted in official build count I am to understand that is.
newhaul

Return to Main