How long

If you don't know where else to post a topic, or are a bulletin board anarchist who just doesn't give a damn about categorizing things, then post here!

How long

Postby JerryLitton » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:20 am

Does it take for a post to show up here?
JerryLitton

Re: How long

Postby IslanderS Admin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:47 pm

Haha, very sorry Jerry I'm not a very good forum admin yet! I was out in my boat :roll: Can't blame for that can you :)

I think there's a rule I set somewhere that say I need to approve the first few posts manually, then they start getting approved automatically. It's to keep the spam robots from just writing fake posts and distracting real users from real conversations. I went looking for the rule now but there are literally dozens of admin webpages for this bulletin board software and I couldn't find it this time (over breakfast). But I swear I'm getting better at this. Thanks so much for being the tester, it's very helpful!

JerryLitton wrote:Does it take for a post to show up here?
“I can't control the wind but I can adjust the sail.” ― Ricky Skaggs
IslanderS Admin
Site Admin

Re: How long

Postby IslanderS Admin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:23 pm

Ok, I think I found a dozen more admin webpages and clicked hundreds of buttons, but I think you can now post Topics and Replies under "General > Main" without requiring approval. I'll check back to see if it's working this evening after work. If it's good then I have a procedure for other Members in good standing and that would be great, being a bottleneck is one of my pet peeves :|

IslanderS Admin wrote:Haha, very sorry Jerry I'm not a very good forum admin yet! I was out in my boat :roll: Can't blame for that can you :)

I think there's a rule I set somewhere that say I need to approve the first few posts manually, then they start getting approved automatically. It's to keep the spam robots from just writing fake posts and distracting real users from real conversations. I went looking for the rule now but there are literally dozens of admin webpages for this bulletin board software and I couldn't find it this time (over breakfast). But I swear I'm getting better at this. Thanks so much for being the tester, it's very helpful!

JerryLitton wrote:Does it take for a post to show up here?
“I can't control the wind but I can adjust the sail.” ― Ricky Skaggs
IslanderS Admin
Site Admin

Return to Main