Islander 44

If you don't know where else to post a topic, or are a bulletin board anarchist who just doesn't give a damn about categorizing things, then post here!

Islander 44

Postby JerryLitton » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:30 pm

My first post. How many 44's were made? Mine originally came with 60 gallons of water and diesel. Owner before me said he extended both to 90 and 90. Since the fuel is in the keel is this possible? So far I am liking the boat very much however presently I am having a bit of work done to the rudder mounting and had a new prop shaft made and installed to include bearings in the dead wood. New stantion bases and they are extended to hip level. New cabin sole of teak and ash, DC compressor for the fridge in addition to the engine driven compressor. Will keep you updated.
JerryLitton

Re: Islander 44

Postby IslanderS Admin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Fuel in the keel!? That's a cool idea. Are you getting work done in Asia, is that more economical? Robert Perry seems to be the most well known old dog around, he might have wild guess-timate for you. You can catch him just north of Seattle soon it looks like http://www.perryboat.com/perryrendezvou ... zvous.html

JerryLitton wrote:My first post. How many 44's were made? Mine originally came with 60 gallons of water and diesel. Owner before me said he extended both to 90 and 90. Since the fuel is in the keel is this possible? So far I am liking the boat very much however presently I am having a bit of work done to the rudder mounting and had a new prop shaft made and installed to include bearings in the dead wood. New stantion bases and they are extended to hip level. New cabin sole of teak and ash, DC compressor for the fridge in addition to the engine driven compressor. Will keep you updated.
“I can't control the wind but I can adjust the sail.” ― Ricky Skaggs
IslanderS Admin
Site Admin

Re: Islander 44

Postby newhaul » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:25 pm

Jerry the official islander book I use says a whopping ten of yours were built. How's your weather today getting any varnishing done or ? :D
newhaul

Return to Main