San Juan tips

If you don't know where else to post a topic, or are a bulletin board anarchist who just doesn't give a damn about categorizing things, then post here!

San Juan tips

Postby SleepyGoat » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:22 pm

I'm thinking about finally heading to the San Juans for the first time for a 4-6 day cruise, leaving from Oak Bay Marina. Any tips, suggestions? Ie. Tidal races to take really seriously, best time/procedure for clearing customs...
SleepyGoat

Re: San Juan tips

Postby JerryLitton » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:31 pm

Which islander do you have? I have the 44.
JerryLitton

Postby newhaul » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:13 pm

Here is the site that covers all you need to know to visit here
https://www.portfridayharbor.org/clearing-customs/
newhaul

Postby Bruce_N_Smith » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:28 pm

They seem so close to Oak Bay, there must be tonnes of people going back and forth. I was in Oak Bay yesterday and an American cruiser was filling up at the fuel dock. Maybe try asking on the Ahoy Sailors Meetup.com page? There's a little bit of local chatter there sometimes.

SleepyGoat wrote:I'm thinking about finally heading to the San Juans for the first time for a 4-6 day cruise, leaving from Oak Bay Marina. Any tips, suggestions? Ie. Tidal races to take really seriously, best time/procedure for clearing customs...
Bruce_N_Smith

Return to Main