Great forum

If you don't know where else to post a topic, or are a bulletin board anarchist who just doesn't give a damn about categorizing things, then post here!

Great forum

Postby JerryLitton » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:54 pm

If we can get some participation going. I do need some Islander information.
Last edited by JerryLitton on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerryLitton

Re: Great forum

Postby newhaul » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:26 pm

I'm trying to post more
What info do you need I will dig as well for you. Rob
newhaul

Postby IslanderS Admin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:15 pm

Yeah, the beginning is always slow. I know there are a bunch of forums already out there, so people go to the places they know. I'd leave a link on the Islander Sailboat Owners Public Facebook page, but I don't want to look like I'm trying to steal members & they have a good thing going over there. Hopefully as Kevin Costner said 'If you build it they will come' Great post on the core quality Jerry, I got a survey done on my early 1970s Islander 21 and Lachlan the surveyor hammered all over and said that the cores seemed in great condition and in the early days of fiberglass they were unsure so they erred on the side of caution. But I don't have anything more specific than that.

newhaul wrote:I'm trying to post more
What info do you need I will dig as well for you. Rob
“I can't control the wind but I can adjust the sail.” ― Ricky Skaggs
IslanderS Admin
Site Admin

Postby JerryLitton » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:52 pm

Hello Rob, I did some research but not a whole lot out there. I heard there were only 10 44's made however is it that the factory made 10? I am asking because there is a plaque on the boat that says hull number 18. Is this a kit boat? So you know any history of it? Mine was christened TEMPTATION.
Thanks Rob,
Jerry
JerryLitton

Postby newhaul » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:33 am

No info specific to your boat check with the USCG and check on possible records on documentation.
newhaul

Postby JerryLitton » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:39 am

I did that with the USCG. Not much luck but I did talk with owner number three. (I am 5) seem that there were twenty built in the factory and mine is number 18.
JerryLitton

Postby newhaul » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:09 am

I would need more info to do a proper search to find more info ( one of my jobs is repo work on cars for small dealers). Send me a pm and I will get you an address to send info to so I can research for you if you want.
newhaul

Return to Main